Afghan Young Women Peace Fellow Application
For the first year, the project for the Igualada School of Peace and Global Studies is funding two of the most dedicated and bright Afghan female students to follow the professional development course, Peace and the World, Today, at the School of Peace and Global Studies – Igualada University Campus (Barcelona). Universitat de Lleida.
Through training and study with the best scholars in the world, the fellows will become leaders and catalysts for peace and conflict resolution in Afghanistan; they will be able to go on to careers in national governments, NGOs, law enforcement, the military, and international organizations such as the United Nations and the World Bank.
Applications for the June 2017 program are now being accepted. The deadlines for applicants to submit applications is 3rd june 2017.
The Igualada Rotary Club - School of Peace and Global Studies Fellowship is designed for last year undergraduate and graduate female afghan students (work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution is a value). Our fellows are committed to community and international services and the pursuit of peace.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- A minimum B2 level, TOEFL - 570, IELTS – 6.5, is a minimum requirement.
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and/or academic achievements and personal or community service.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Students with high family wages are not eligible for this course.
Application required documentation:
- Full CV or Resume.
- Full academic transcripts.
- One Recommendation Letter from one of your professors.
- A statement letter on why you would like to follow the course and your goals in life. It should be no longer than one page.
Follow these steps to ensure your application receives consideration:
- Review the application guidelines and check the eligibility requirements before applying.
- Thoroughly research the curriculum and program at the web site of the School of Peace and Global Studies starting your application. You will be asked to justify your application in accordance to the course.
- Collect all academic transcripts, test scores, and any other document as noted on the fellowship application. All supplementary materials must be in English (Legal documentation on family wages will be demanded later in the selection process).
- If your application has been transferred to the second stage of the process, we will contact you for an interview. You will need to submit your family’s economic statement at the interview site.
- Receive notice of the selection results
- If you are chosen for one of the fellowships you will be contacted by the Kabul City Rotary Club - Igualada Rotary Club – School of Peace and Global Studies to arrange your trip and stay.